Sunday, May 7, 2017

Vaccine For Celiac Patients

When it comes to finding treatments for Celiacs disease & creating awareness, we've come A LONG WAY. 
I am excited & also nervous to announce that they are making a vaccine for us celiacs. 
This will help us in addition to our gluten free diet.  

I am personally still on the fence about it's accuracy but according to Dr. Joseph Murray of the Rochester Clinic, he is hopeful. 

I do not think this vaccine should be administered and the patient to be allowed to eat gluten again, until this drug is tested for a longer period of time. Only because I have no idea the impact it will have on the body over time. What ever the case, I am happy that they are trying to make it easier on us & give us a drug that will help us in addition to our gluten free diet. 

Below you will find a link to a website that has more details about the vaccine & a link to Dr. Murray's video. Feel free to comment below, I would love to hear what you think about this new drug. 

Have a wonderful GLUTEN FREE day! 

-Love, 

The Gluten Free Momma


The Celiac Vaccine  


Dr. Murray's Views


No comments:

Post a Comment