Wednesday, June 29, 2016

How I feel about the clinical study that the Univeristy Of Chicago Medicine Celiac Center is doing











The University of Chicago Medicine, celiac center is doing a clinical study on their new pill called {Montelukast}. This pill is designed to help those who have asthma.

First of all, the description for this study fails to explain how a pill made for those who suffer from serious respiratory conditions, somehow connect with those who have a serious digestive disease. 
I am not a professional, but I just do not see the connection. 

To qualify, you need to have been on a gluten free diet for at least 1 year, be 18 years old, have celiacs disease and be willing to eat bread again. 

Now here is where it starts to really scare me.  They may give you the Montelukast pill or a placebo. 
That could mean you are consuming poisonous gluten with a fake sugar pill, without knowing. 
On top of that, you will have to make multiple trips to the clinic, get a lot of blood work done, leave stool samples and have an endoscopy.  

They try to sugar coat this by telling you that they will give you $160 if you finish the clinical study. 
Honestly, this is a really risky in my opinion and I personally refuse to ever participate. Luckily this is only available for those who live in Chicago.

I just feel bad for those who choose to participate in this study and get the placebo. 
Be wise, do not partake in foolish studies like this. $160 is not worth risking you health & ruining all the healing you've done in your gut. 

ATTENTION CELIACS IN THE CHICAGO AREA
Be wise and choose your health over $160.00!

3 comments:

  1. Two of my kids are on Montelukast-not sure how it could relate to Celiac?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?. I am just not really seeing the connection.
      And it does not go into detail at all. I understand that people have to participate in studies, to see if medications actually work, but when the risks outweigh the benefits, it's just a bad deal all around. Consuming gluten again, is just putting nails in your coffin for a celiac. I can't put a price on my life and health, but if I could, it would be a lot more than $160.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete